Mini dental implant advantages
Mini dental implants have a range of benefits; including:
- The procedure is painless, which is an obvious benefit, especially for those who have a fear of pain and going to the dentist. This also means patients will recover quickly and they can get straight back to normal life.
- The procedure requires only a light dose of local anaesthetic, which means recovery is quicker and there is less risk of negative, unpleasant side-effects.
- The results are immediate: the mini implant can support a restoration straight away, whereas with traditional implants it takes between 3 and 6 months for the implant to take to the bone properly and the gum tissue to heal and during this period of time the patient must wear a temporary restoration; this means they have to go back for further treatment, which will require having anaesthetic again.
- Mini dental implants are considerably cheaper than traditional dental implants.
- Mini dental implants are a long-term, effective solution for missing teeth.
- Mini dental implants can help to increase people's confidence and help them to relax and feel at ease when they are in social situations.
- Mini dental implants allow people with dentures to eat whatever they want; previously, denture wearers struggled to eat hard and chewy foods.
- The procedure has very few risks because an incision is not required; this lowers the risk of infection and means healing is much quicker.
- Mini dental implants can be used on patients who have limited space in the jaw bone for an implant; sometimes people do not sufficiently high bone density to support a traditional dental implant so a min implant can be used instead.